WHUR Radio Interview: Can you Succeed at your Side Hustle?
Well, I’ve been a para-preneur for 20 years (have a career and run a successful business). Did it pre-internet boom and now I teach newbie and seasoned entrepreneurs to use online marketing and sales to make honest money doing what they love. Teaching is my gift. Helping entrepreneurs experience micro-wins, momentum and mastery over time is why I’m successful at what I do.
1. YES YOU CAN SUCCED WITH YOUR SIDE HUSTLE, but that’s if you…
Don’t treat it like a hobby meaning set it up correctly. Register your business with federal and local agencies. Nurture it we’ll forever and become a dope CEO! (Determined, obsessed with being profitable and exceptional).
2. HOW TO START YOUR SIDE HUSTLE
1. Determine what you’re gifted at. What would you do for free because when you do it it doesn’t feel like work? What makes your heart sing when you do it? What makes you feel deeply fulfilled when you do it?
2. Determine the problem you solve and the target market who wants that solution.
3. Determine your brand identity – the unique set of attributes that communicate the essence and story of your brand
4. your target markets most pressing problem and get paid to do it.
5. Understand that your job/career deserves your best. When you’re consistently faithful over little you prove that you’re able to be master over much
6. Get the right training – I started with Score classes and with my local SBA
7. Determine if there’s a large enough group of people willing to pay for the problem you solve
8. Establish the right digital footprint for your ibdustry
9. Determine who’s your tairget market?
10. Give yourself 12 months to determine if you want to eventually transition from side hustle to full time entrepreneurship. You need 4 full quarters to begin to understand the seasonal trends and flow of your industry.
3. WHATS THE KEY TO STAYING CONSISTENT
1. get organized
2. Practice time management – schedule time to get things done
3. Prioritize your business for part of your day everyday
4. Let your family know that it’s important to you and you’re seeking their support and create boundaries
5. Use automation – free and paid services to streamline your life. Email marketing. Social media posting. Website, local papers, podcasts, etc.
4. HOW DO YOU STAY MOTIVATED
1. Be in community with people who are actively and intentionally pursuing their dreams
2. Join a class
3. Read the right books – book recommend: visionary business Marc Allen
4. Join a mastermind
5. Join an accountability community
5. WHATS HAPPENING WHEN YOU’RE NOT MAKING ANY MONEY
1. You’re not using the right messaging
2. You aren’t consistent with your brand
3. You’re uncomfortable with charging for your products/services
4. You don’t have the right pricing structure
5. You don’t know how to sell with integrity
Check out more helpful tips for newbie and seasoned service based entrepreneurs on my YouTube channel at www.helpfulstuffforentrepreneurs.com